What documents do I need?

Help with the type of documents we require

Support Team avatar
Written by Support Team
Updated over a week ago

When applying, the documents we require depends on the amount of funds you need and your business. You'll be able to provide this information through your online application and your dedicated Account Manager will be on hand to assist.

We also understand that businesses can be seasonal. So if you have any other information that may help us understand your business you're welcome to provide it.

Bank statements

This helps paint a picture of your business' day to day activity. These should clearly show the incomings and outgoings of the business, and balance of the account. 

You can link your business bank statements by linking you bank account through Open banking in a few short steps, saving you from any paperwork. Alternatively you can upload bank statement PDFs.

VAT returns

If VAT registered your returns can be downloaded from the HMRC website or extracted from accountancy software. 

If you need help downloading your returns from the HMRC website, a quick step by step guide on how to get this done can be found here.

Company accounts

Limited companies in the UK are required to prepare annual accounts for Companies House and HMRC every year. The full statutory accounts should include: 

  • Profit and loss account 

  • Balance sheet 

  • Directors' report

  • Name and signature of the company director

Ideally, please provide your full company accounts not the abbreviated version.


Haven't started trading yet? To help us understand your business we'll simply need a business plan from you. Your business plan could consist of:

  • Your business idea

  • Business goals

  • Future orders/projects

  • Financial forecasts

If you have any questions please call us on 020 3397 3375, or click the chat button at the bottom of your screen.

Did this answer your question?